I was approached by a Piscifun rep a little while back to review their reels. Not long after agreeing, I received one of their Thunder models, the TD300R, a right handed casting reel. It’s a low profile baitcaster with the following specifications (as printed on the box).
- High strength aluminum alloy frame provides increased durability
- 8 precision ball bearings (including 2pcs Japanese NMB BB) with infinite anti reverse system provide super smooth
- Aircraft grade graphite sideplates provide increased scratch resistance
- Patent linear magnetic brake system
- Quick change design allows spool changes at a moments notice
- Super strong copper alloy drive gear shaft
- V shape double color anodized spool
- Super free casting system
- EVA knobs ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip in all conditions
There are right and left handed version in the Thunder model. Both feature the following (as printed on the box).
|Model||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Weight(oz)||Line Capacity(m-mm)|
|TD300R||8B+RB||7.1:1||8.4||220-0 30 180-0 33 120-0 40|
|TD300L||8B+RB||7.1:1||8.4||220-0 30 180-0 33 120-0 40|
I’ve created a few video reviews, the 1st 3 are below. When I’ve completed the series I’ll compile all the videos into one polished video.
Thanks for watching & keep Piscifun in mind when you are looking for reels, so far I like them!